20 augustus 2013

Challenge - update 1

Presenting the first result of trying to capture the lettering in Amsterdam. Some letters still need some tweaking, but the overall appearance seems satisfying. At least, that's what I think.


Perhaps it is nice to have a 'filled' space as well, where the bottom of the characters runs through. Maybe I will sacrifice the pipe-character (|) for that. That should look somewhat like this, then:


Just fooling around I stumbled on the new embedded version of WordArt in Word. The combination with my new font is nice:


Okay, variation on a theme gives the following result:


To answer a question about the letter Q, I solved it like this:



But perhaps it could be a little more pronounced. There is room within the character envelope to do that. Having said that, it was time to get back to the drawingboard. After some tweaking the result now looks like this:



Geen opmerkingen: